Leicester Nirvana has seen a noticeable rise in the number of children wishing to take part in football within the Hamilton area. This has put a strain on the current facilities, however the club has set a plan to develop the facility so that it may better cope with the needs of the rising community.
Nirvana is applying for the Aviva Community Fund and needs you to take action to help the club progress to the next stage. Nirvana needs you to take a few minutes of your time to do the following:
- Click on the link provided or the picture above https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2012
- Create an Aviva account, confirm your email address and details
- It will ask you which project you want to vote for, search 'Nirvana' and click project
- Each person has up to 10 votes that they can use. Vote 10 times for Nirvana
- Share the page and links on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platform
Hamilton is rapidly expanding but the infrastructure of amenities for the rising community is not growing at the same rate.
Hamilton Park, where Nirvana is based has long suffered from waterlogged pitches and has meant that much of the winter part of the season is often postponed due to unplayable surfaces. The process to treat pitches and develop sites is an expensive one but also necessary. With hundreds of children using this area on a weekly basis, Nirvana would like to improve the pitches and space so that it can be better used.
As the club grows, Nirvana would like to bring the kitchen space up to date with modern appliances and to refurbish the space so that it is more suited to the clubs and the communities ever growing needs. The aim is to turn a storage cupboard into a usable kitchen space.
Nirvana's ability on the pitch has always been a step ahead it's facilities. Currently the club is developing its ground so that the senior team (who is one of the highest playing club in the City boundaries) can share the same home as the juniors and minis. This will unite the club under one roof, which is something long overdue.
This development project will mean that Leicester Nirvana could:
- Continue to support hundreds of children from as young as 5 years old to under 18.
- Provide a much needed space for community functions and events to take place.
- Unite the entire club under one roof, so that the younger children can aspire to play at a senior level.
- Provide better football opportunities and a pathway from juniors to men’s football.
- Secure a standard of facility that can sustain the clubs ability for years to come.
- Continue to provide a social hub and volunteering opportunities to local residents.
"Watching sport transform young people's life is one of the reasons that keeps us volunteering year after year. Our priority has always been the children, and this project will help Nirvana to continue and develop as a club in a time where many voluntary groups are feeling the financial strain. We are asking our members to get behind this project and to vote for us - 10 times". Leicester Nirvana Committee